We will be using WD8RZQ repeater 442.350 pl 131.8.
A committee was formed to select the replacement repeater, as well as all necessary components that should be part of the purchase. Committee members are Jimmy, Charlie, Darrel, Dave, with Wayne to act as a technical consultant. Nomination and motion passed to form this committee.
- Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM
- The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The BOD minutes were read. Tommy moved to approve and Darrel seconded. BOD minutes were approved.
- New member (Alan Macintyre) application approved.
- Net Control Operators assignments from April 11 through May 16:
|4/11 – Mike Brannan
||5/2 – Carlisle Rodriguez
|4/18 – Cash Jacobson
||5/9 – Mark Bing
|4/25 – George Graves
||5/16 – Ron Horton
- There were 33 members and 2 visitors in attendance.
- Meeting ended at app. 8:45 PM
Treasurer’s Report – Raul Ramos
- Raul reported that the club’s bank account has a balance of $4776.24
- Requested that all remaining dues are paid.
KARS Repeater Update – Charlie Lancaster
- Although multiple repair efforts have been made on our existing KARS 2M repeater it has been determined that a replacement repeater should be purchased. Dan authorized a payment of $2K to purchase a new repeater, Mark moved to approve and John seconded. Motion was passed by the clubs’ members.
- A committee was formed to select the replacement repeater, as well as all necessary components that should be part of the purchase. Committee members are Jimmy, Charlie, Darrel, Dave, with Wayne to act as a technical consultant. Nomination and motion passed to form this committee.
Weekly KARS Net
- Until the KARS 2M repeater is back online, our UHF repeater will be used for our weekly nets.
- Receive Freq – 442.350
- Transmit Freq – 447.350
- Offset = 5MHz
- Tone = + 131.8 Hz
- Skype presentation by Dr. Ed Fong: A Tri-Band Antenna without Radial for 2 Meters, 1.25 Meters, and 70 Centimeters. The majority of the information that Dr. Fong presented can be found in the March, 2017, issue of QST magazine
Upcoming Events – Scott Reeves
- Safety Fest @ Katy Mills Mall – April 22nd.
- MS150 – April 29 & 30. If you’re interested in working this even use the following link to take you to the sign up page: http://bpms150hams.org/
- Boy Scout Fair – May 6th
- The Woodlands Triathlon – May 6th