A few rules: 2019 Field Day Operators: The BVARC / TDXS / KARS / ECHO FIELD DAY SIGNUP SHEET is now live! It will be a Google Docs Spreadsheet which can be accessed via link above. Only one person can check into the spreadsheet at a time, so be there early to make your slot selections.
- Operating slots will be 1 hour.
- Operators will be able to select up to two (2) contiguous slots on the same band/mode.
- Operators will be able to select up to eight (8) slots per day, prior to The Event, providing Rule #2 is observed.
- At the end of your assigned operating slot, please relinquish it to the next operator; if that operator does not show up, you may continue to operate.
- If during your operating slot, you decide you want to quit, please try to find another operator to fill in the rest of the slot.
- The online schedule will be closed Friday, June 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm CDT.
- The online schedule will be printed out and brought to the Field Day site Saturday, June 22. There will be individual printouts for each mode. Operators may choose any open slots by manually writing their call in that slot.
- Any unclaimed operating slots after the start of Field Day will be open for grabs.
- Any scheduling issues/questions will be settled by N5XZ or the BVARC/TDXS Field Day Chairman.
Remember, if it is not your turn, there may be an open slot available elsewhere. I urge you to fill those in if you would still like to be active. I expect fewer open operating slots during the day and more at night. The goal also is to keep ALL stations operating continuously throughout the 24 hour period. (Note: if you have not tried RTTY or FT8 contesting, it is a hoot! Just ask Glen or me to show you how easy it is!). Please feel free to operate multiple bands and modes. The ultimate goal is to keep ALL stations active throughout the full 24 hour period!Please respond to me alone (not to the group) and feel free to email or call me if you have any questions or concerns. Please cross-post this to distribution systems for KARS and Echo. Hopefully, this will also be posted in newsletters by all groups.