Until further notice all testing sessions require pre-registration, no walk-ins
The Katy Amateur Radio Society offers testing six time per year. We offer the test every other month starting in January. We try to hold the exams on the Saturday before the monthly meeting which is held on the 2nd Monday of the month. Please check the events section on the main page for exact dates as sometimes our preferred date is not available.
For information on the next testing session, please reach out at to our VE coordinator Gerald Doucet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing location is
COTHA can be found here https://goo.gl/maps/5BeXKz4cRiAvt1Sp9
The church is located on Hwy 99, south of I-10, off of the northbound feeder. This is just north of Highland Knolls Dr.
Park in the South parking lot and enter through the West door (closest to the feeder road).
The testing dates for 2024 are:
All sessions start at 10:00 but we recommend coming a bit earlier to ensure a place
Pre-registration is required on HamStudy.org. Select Find a Session and filter on Zip Code 77450. Select the KARS VE session and select Register at the bottom of the page. Complete the registration forms
Please bring the following to your testing session:
- Your ID (driver’s license or passport), for ID verification only, we do not need a copy
- The testing fee is $15.00, a check made out to “ARRL/VEC” or cash (exact amount please). You can take as many tests as you wish for the one fee, as long as you pass each test
- You are allowed a calculator with all memory cleared. You are NOT allowed to use your cell phone as a calculator.
- Scratch paper is allowed. You will not need more than one sheet. It must be turned in with your test answer sheet
- https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do Please bring the FRN information with you.
- After the successful passing of an applicant’s initial amateur radio exam, they will be given the opportunity to join the Katy Amateur Radio Society for the special flat fee of $5.00 which would cover the remainder of the current club year. Any future membership renewals will be at the regular rate.