17034 Old Richmond Rd
Sugar Land, TX 77498
When:June 25th – 26th 2022(From Saturday at 7am until we wrap up Sunday afternoon)
As you are all likely aware, Field Day is just around the corner! Taking place at Duhacsek Park on June 25th-26th, BVARC, KARS, and TDXS will be joining forces for ARRL Field Day 2022. We will be operating as many as 10 stations simultaneously, calling CQ, and racking up contacts. Our goal is to provide a fun and engaging environment for hams of all classes and those without a license to experience various aspects of the exciting hobby of ham radio! There will be food and refreshments as well.
We are looking for operators (THAT’S YOU) to run our stations and help out with various Bonus Point activities this year. We need many more voice (SSB) operators, but also CW and FT8 operators. Technician class operators CAN run our HF stations using the club call sign, and we will have help there to get you going calling CQ. We are trying to get as many points as possible, and WE NEED YOUR HELP! We would like to get as much coverage of our event as possible and are seeking anyone with connections to news media to contact us.
A Few of the Roles Needed:
- Voice mode operators (i.e., Single Sideband) to call CQ and log contacts
- Educators (folks willing to teach one or more short structured lessons on ham radio skills)
- An operator(s) to run the GOTA (Get On The Air) station to advise the new or unlicensed operators with the equipment there
- Social Media promoters (utilize social media to promote the event and post about the activities during the event)
- Experienced hams to assist new hams or unlicensed operators using the equipment at the main stations
- Help setting up equipment (radios, antennas, cabling, etc.) on Friday June 24th starting at noon
- and many more!
We will be announcing an online sign-up sheet for these roles and operating positions soon; keep an eye out for the email or check on BVARC.org for the link. If you have any questions or concerns send them directly to Anthony Morones (W5LIC) at W5LICTX@gmail.com, or Mike Hardwick (N5VCX) at N5VCX@att.net.
Let’s get out there and GET ON THE AIR to represent Houston area hams this Field Day 2022. We can’t wait to see you all out there, 73! – Kori, WX5KR