KARS General Meeting – Monday, February 11, 2019
• Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM.
• The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
• Treasurer’s Report – Raul Ramos: Current balance = $4474.34
• “DX Engineering Story” Skype presentation by Robert Naumann, Sales Manager – DX Engineering.
• The December BOD minutes were read, motion was raised by Philip (W5PLA), seconded by Bob (WB3EWP), and approved by club members.
• Five (5) new member applications were presented: Darrell Kirk (KC5JAR), Ron Litt (K5HM), Robert Plocek (KI5CZJ), Dalton Plocek (KI5CZI), and Neo Ramirez (KI5CNF). Motion raised by Scott (KT5SR), seconded by Michael (KG5JBJ), and approved by club members.
• 2019 Membership Dues – a brief discussion/demo around the use of PayPal to submit 2019 dues. Many KARS members have already submitted their 2019 dues via PayPal and the process has received favorable response. https://www.katyars.com/about/
• 2019 KARS Officer Elections – The positions of Treasurer, Secretary, and Activities will be filled by Sheree (KF5LMJ), Jack (KF5RMY) and Orville (K5VWW). Motion was raised, seconded, and approved by club members.
• Upcoming Public Service Events:
◦ Saturday, February 16th: Bear Creek Casper Event. https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2620159/false#/invitation
◦ Saturday, March 9th: FEMA Bombing Awareness Class, held at Transtar.
◦ March 22nd-23rd: Greater Houston Hamfest. https://houstonhamfest.org/
◦ April 13th-14th: Texas Parks on the Air.
◦ April 13th – Katy Area Safety Fest. https://katyareasafetyfest.org/
• Net Control Assignment for the period of Feb 19 – March 12, 2019
Net Control Operator
2/19 Jimmy Vance
2/26 Bob Bentley
3/5 George Graves
3/12 George Graves
• There were 29 members and 2 visitors in attendance.
• Meeting adjourned at app. 8:40 PM.